Trail Life USA is a Christ-centered outdoor adventure, leadership, and character development ministry. Within the operation of the local Troop, the primary statement/profession of Christian beliefs, faith, and/or doctrine is that belonging to the Charter Organization. As with any of its ministries, the Charter Organization should take steps to ensure the Troop appropriately reflects these beliefs. Furthermore, all Trail Life USA Charter Organizations and Registered Adult Members must concurrently adhere to the Christian principles stated in Trail Life USA’s Statements of Faith and Values.
“Walk Worthy” Colossians 1:10 “… so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, …”
On my honor, I will do my best
To serve God and my country;
To respect authority;
To be a good steward of creation;
And to treat others as I want to be treated.
- Wisdom – Knowledge must be put to proper use.
- Teamwork – People working together can do far more than when working alone.
- Heritage – Americans have a rich heritage built with courage and curiosity, sacrifice and spirituality.
- Leadership – True leaders give the gift of guidance to others and exercise servanthood.
- Character – The four selves: self-respect, self-control, self-reliance, and self-worth are critical emphases in the development of a boy into a man.
- Faith – Belief in God that provides the inner strength and confidence that leads to righteous actions based on bibical truth, regardless of temptations or circumstances.
Statement of Faith
We believe there is One Triune God – God the Father; Jesus Christ, His one and only Son; and the Holy Spirit – Creator of the universe and eternally existent. We believe the Holy Scriptures (Old and New Testaments) to be the inspired and authoritative Word of God. We believe each person is created in His image for the purpose of communing with and worshiping God. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, Who enables us to live godly lives. We believe each of us is called to love the Lord our God with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength, and to love our neighbors as ourselves. We believe God calls us to lives of purity, service, stewardship and integrity.
Statement of Values
- Purity // God calls us to lives of holiness, being pure of heart, mind, word and deed. We are to reserve sexual activity for the sanctity of marriage, a lifelong commitment before God between a man and a woman.
- Service // God calls us to become responsible members of our community and the world through selfless acts that contribute to the welfare of others.
- Stewardship // God calls us to use our God-given time, talents, and money wisely.
- Integrity // God calls us to live moral lives that demonstrate an inward motivation to do what is biblically right regardless of the cost.
Click here to read more about Trail Life USA’s Core Values